BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

What a turn of events

For the past year and a half I have been volunteering at our local pregnancy care center. A couple of weeks ago the CEO of Alpha Omega asked another volunteer and myself to meet with her one Friday morning. Thinking nothing of it and certainly not expecting to be moved even further from my "comfort zone", which for all intents and purposes was demolished the moment I stepped into Alpha Omega. We had our meeting. In the end Kathy asked my fellow volunteer and I to pray and consider a change in our roles at AO. At the end of the two weeks she gave us to pray and consider we had yet another meeting. At the end of the most recent meeting Linda was named Executive Director of Client Services and I was named Executive Director of Office Operations. I am scared out of my mind with this new responsibility, but I know God has led me to AO and He will continue to guide and lead. Please pray for all the staff as we go through some MAJOR changes. On to a much more thrilling turn of events. Our own Gloria Vear, co-founder of AO current board member and true legend in the Right to Life movement will be honored this coming week in Washington DC when she receives an award from President Bush for her years of sacrificial giving of time, money and energy in defense of innocent human lives. Congratulations Mrs. Vear!! We are proud to call you OURS!!

5 comments:

Life with the Crowls said...

i am sure you will do a great job

Anonymous said...

Awesome. That work is where your heart is and you love that type of work. You will do a wonderful job. They are lucky.

Jill Damon said...

Congrats! I am sure you will do a great job!

potsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Life with the Crowls said...

hey you need to update.